04 Aug Precast workshop: a must for anyone involved in precast
Precast Concrete – Update in Design and Standards is a full day workshop on the latest in design, construction and safety requirements for precast in Australia and around the world. The workshop will also look at changes to Australian Standards that are directly applicable to precast concrete, in particular, AS 3850 “Prefabricated Concrete Elements” Pts 1&2 and the impact these will have on design, construction and erection.
Date: Thursday 3 September 2015
Times: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: Pullman Albert Park, Melbourne
Who should come: Design consultants, project managers, precasters, contractors, and anyone with an interest in the design and construction of precast concrete elements.
- Precast Concrete Design: An International Overview – Presented by David Fernandez-Ornandez – Universidad Politec nica de Madrid & Chairman, fib Commission 6
& Jason Krohn – Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (USA) & fib Commission 6 Member
- AS3850 – 2015 “Prefabricated Concrete Elements” Pts 1&2 – Presented by Jeff Stratford – Business Manager Precast/Tilt-Up ANZ, Reid Construction Systems; and NPCAA Representative on BD- 066/AS3850
- National Construction Code (NCC) and AS3850 – Presented by Geoff Fletcher – Department of Civil Engineering, Monash University; and ASI Representative on BD-066/AS3850
- Safety in Precast Concrete Design – Presented by Kevin Crompton – Director – Operations, Ultrafloor; NPCAA Board Member; and NPCAA Representative on BD – 066/AS3850
- Engineering for Constructability: ANZAC Memorial Walk – Presented by Michael Waeger – Managing Director, Waeger Constructions Pty Ltd
- How to Design Precast Concrete for Temporary Erection – The Right Approach – Presented by John Woodside – NPER F.I.E.Aust; F.A.S.C.E; F.I.C.E; F. I Struct E; Principal, J Woodside Consulting
To register, contact the Concrete 2015 conference managers Arinez on 03 9417 0888
Read more News here.